InfoPass Service

USCIS InfoPass Service

How It Works

Infopass service is a convenient way to schedule an in-person appointment with  USCIS regarding your immigration case. Appointments can be scheduled online. You can choose a day and time that works for you based on your schedule. Appointments are generally offered from around 8:00 am until 2:30 pm Monday through Friday. To schedule your appointment you’ll need to go on the government’s website provided here:

Some Do’s and Don’ts

InfoPass is a great way to get in touch with an immigration officer to get the latest information about your immigration case or to pick up immigration forms. Best of all, InfoPass appointments are free of charge. You are encouraged to arrive 15 minutes early for your appointment. If necessary, you’re allowed to bring a translator or an attorney with you. However, do not bring any sharp objects such as scissors, knives or nail clippers. If you do, you will not be allowed through security.

If you currently have a case pending with USCIS make sure to bring the latest correspondence from USCIS. This information should also include your receipt number. The receipt number will allow an immigration officer to look up your case in USCIS system. Also, have your Alien Number (A Number) ready as it might be requested by an immigration officer. You Infopass appointment may also be a good way to update your address to ensure that USCIS is sending all of its correspondence to the right mailing address.

In conclusion, InfoPass appointment is a great way to get the latest information about your case. It’s free and easy to schedule online.

Read More »

Current State Of EO on Immigration Travel Ban

On January 27th, 2017 Donald Trump signed an executive order (EO) banning travel to the United States  for 90 days from seven countries: Iraq, Iran, Syria, Yemen, Sudan, Somalia and Libya. This ban initially applied to current valid visa and green holders from the countries. According to New York Times, the new law affected over 67,000 business visitors and travelers, 14,000 students, 1000 temporary workers and over 700 fiances of US Citizens. In addition, the EO affected thousands of people holding immigrant visas and refugees. (Source:

On January 29th, Trump administration clarifies that the law does not apply to green card holders from those countries. The statement was made due to mass confusion and protests at US airports.

Beginning January 30th, several courts in the United States order a stay on key provisions of the EO citing harm to residents, harm to economy and family separations.

On February 3rd, US District Judge James Robart temporarily suspends the EO. The suspension is applied nationwide, meaning that no federal employee anywhere in the United States can ban travelers under the new law.

On February 4th the Department of Justice (DOJ) files an appeal with the 9th Circuit Court Of Appeals. The court denies to issue the order reinstating the immigration travel ban despite DOJ’s assertion that the judicial branch of government is interfering with national security judgment of the President. Instead, the 9th Circuit Court orders both proponents and opponents of the EO to file legal briefs in support of their respective positions. The briefs are due today at 6:00 pm.

As of now the order suspending the EO is still in effect.

On February 9th, the 9th Circuit Court upheld the temporary restraining order on the traveling ban. The three-judge panel voted unanimously.



Read More »

How To Check Case Status Online

If you have filed a petition or an application with USCIS there is an easy and efficient way for you to check the status of your case online. The Immigration Service’s website offers you the tools necessary to gain some control over your case. For example, if your current visa is expiring soon or you have to be in/out of the country on a specific date, wouldn’t it be nice to know where you stand with your petition or application with USCIS? This is exactly where Case Status Online comes in handy. It’s free and easy to use.

Here’s how it’s done:

  • Go to
  • Point your mouse on “Tools” tab
  • Under “Manage Your Case” select “Check Your Status Online” link
  • Enter your Receipt Number. This number can be found on your letters from USCIS such as Form I-797C, Notice Of Action and other correspondence from USCIS.
  • Click “Check Status” box
  • The webpage will display the latest information available about your case.
Read More »